From Aug. 18-24, the Chowchilla Police Department responded to 570 calls. There were 370 calls for service and 200 self-initiated calls. Fifty reports were taken during the seven-day period. There were six misdemeanor arrests and eight felony arrests. The following is a summary of significant events for the week ending Aug. 24:
Sunday, Aug. 18
• A male subject cited and released in the 1300 block of Colusa Ave. for outstanding warrants.
• Two animal control reports were taken; one in the 600 block of N. Sixth St. and the other in the 1200 block of Robertson Boulevard.
• Four vehicles in the 500 block of Riverside Avenue were vandalized. The vehicles were key scratched. A report was taken.
Monday, Aug 19
• A subject was cited and released for driving with a suspended license.
• A domestic violence report was taken. A male was arrested and booked into the Madera County Jail.
• A civil report was taken in the 300 block of Myer Drive.
• A male subject was arrested for being in a stolen vehicle in the 100 bock of South Ninth Street. He was booked into the Madera County Jail.
• A work order was placed for a down tree on North 10th Street for all palm fronds along Robertson and for a down tree limb at Veterans Park from the storm.
Tuesday. Aug. 20
• A male was arrested and transported to the Madera County Jail for being wanted by probation.
• A theft was reported in the 500 block of North 12th Street.
• A structure fire was reported in the 1200 block of Roosevelt Street.
Wednesday, Aug. 21
• A child sexual assault case was reported in the 100 block of Robertson Boulevard.
• A hit and run accident was reported at West Robertson Boulevard and Washington Road.
• A resident reported her son was assaulted in the 300 block of Orange Avenue.
• A resident in the 100 block of Autumn Way reported her daughter a runaway. The juvenile was located.
Thursday, Aug 22
• Animal Control responded to a report of three dogs running at large in 12000 block of Palisades.
• The animal shelter was broken into and one dog was taken.
• A trouble with juvenile report was taken in the 800 block of Humboldt Avenue.
Friday, Aug. 23
• A subject was cited and released for false tabs in the vicinity of Road 16 at Avenue 241/2.
• A subject was arrested on a felony warrant in the 600 block of West Robertson Boulevard.
• A subject was arrested in the 100 block of South Eighth Street and booked into the Madera County Jail on a felony warrant.
• A resident reported a missing person in the 600 block of Orange Avenue.
• A subject was arrested and cited for driving under the influence in the 1100 block of West Robertson Boulevard.
• A subject was arrested and cited for false tabs in the 100 block of South Fifth Street.
Saturday, Aug. 24
• A verbal domestic violence incident was documented in the 1700 block of West Robertson Boulevard.
• A citizen reported a dog bite in the 1200 block of Alameda Avenue. The dog was quarantined.
• A traffic collision was reported at S. third St. and Mariposa Avenue.